Thousands of dealerships have been affected by this year’s massive snowstorms. They have been faced with the decision to either close or ask their staff to work remotely. Even if your business needs to close for a day or two, your CRM’s Mobile App and web-based functionality should allow you to complete activities away from your desk. Here are a few tips to keep you and your team productive and the sales pipeline full.
- This is the perfect time to get caught up on your uncompleted tasks in your task list. If you are like most busy sales associates, this could use some attention and there could be plenty of great opportunities waiting for you!
- Review your unsold prospects and your save-a-deal list . Now is a great time to go back and revisit your prospect list and take a few moments to reach out and let them know you haven’t forgotten about them. Update the customer records in your CRM and schedule as many appointments as you can for the upcoming days and weeks.
- Reach out to your previous customers. Call all of your customers who may be in equity, those who have defected from your service department, or those who bought a vehicle from your dealership but have never been in your service drive. Your CRM should have hundreds of criteria from which to choose to create campaigns and keep your phone dialing all day.
- Get your service drive ready. Snow and ice are a natural recipe for accidents. Take time to look at your parts department and check your inventory. After the thaw comes, parts will be flying off the shelf.
- Get your showroom organized. Take advantage of the lull in showroom traffic by checking your floor and make sure everything is ready, cleaned, and organized.
- Hit your social media channels. Run a photo contest for your followers (winner gets a free detail) or ask for reports of snow totals in their area. Make sure to let your followers know your service department is ready to go.
- Review your websites and digital campaigns. It can be difficult to maintain and update your site while you are trying to make your month in normal conditions Being snowed in gives you time to set specials, update photos and write a blog post or two.
It’s easy to become complacent in what could be considered “down-time.” Don’t fall into this trap. Take advantage of the slower traffic to get ahead in the game. Your dealership, your customers, and ultimately your paycheck will thank you for it!
Keep warm and keep on selling!